Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Moving... BARF

This week has been INSANE!  We were supposed to close on our house on the 15th. Of course this did not happen.  Due to FHA/HUD sitting on their thumbs taking their sweet sweet time, our closing was pushed back to the 23rd. 

Anyhoo, my husband and I are the world's worst (or should I say best) procrastinators.  I got back from Texas on Wednesday.  Went to a wedding on Friday.  Sat around the house on Saturday.   And then there was Sunday.  Oh Sunday, how you sucked so bad.  Instead of using the months we had leading up to this move to box and prepare, we decided not to pack a single thing until Sunday.  Not a single plate was packaged, not a single picture taken off the wall.  Nope we did it ALL in one day.  In a mad rush to get our house ready to move we decided to pack all 2,000 square feet into an 8' x 8' x 16' foot storage container (did I mention we did this IN ONE STINKIN DAY!) ... just the two of us.  I don't know if you really got that last point so let me tell you one last time...

ONE DAY!! 

JUST THE TWO OF US!! 

Holy H E double hockey sticks I am SORE.  My husband seems to think I am much stronger then I am.  We moved an insane amount of extremely heavy things, all while watching my sweet little Luci Rae.  A 10 month old is many great things, but a good helper she is not. 

So here she is, packed to the brim and ready to be hauled to her new home:  Our lovely container:





Oh and here is just one of my MANY battle wounds from the day.  OUCH!  Kyle almost wet his pants laughing when this happened... not nice:(




So now I go, bruised and battered back to work in anticipation of our new home.  Stay tuned as we take our 1980s time warp into 2011.  It's just a jump to the left, and a step to the righeieieight.  Put your hands on your hips, and your knees in tight.....  LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!! 

The next few months of my life will be dedicated to painting, flooring, counter tops, yard work, decorating ... I am exhausted just thinking about it.  Free labor is always welcome:)

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad I followed you from EBT!! your blogs interesting...hope the closing went well..and no more procrastinating! :)

    www.doodledollies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new home! Moving is always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why I say, "The ONLY move is a corporate move!"
    Best of luck,Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thanks for the support guys. Scrappy I am beginning to agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day! That is amazaing! I swear I will NEVER move again. It's too much work and so very stressful. I hope you will share pictures of your new place and your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This too shall pass. Think ahead to how wonderful life will be once you've settled into your new home. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone;) I will definitely keep everyone posted on the awesome face lift we give the house. And I will do my best to hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new home! Moving is never fun, though. I hope your battle wounds heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete