Sunday, October 16, 2011

Does Felt Count as Fabric?

This week's theme for "Crafting with the Stars" and "Crafting From the Sidelines" is Fabric. Well, I am pretty darn good with spray paint, I am pretty darn good with dumpster diving, I am even pretty darn good with a drill, but I am not all that great with a sewing machine. I knew this week's challenge would be, well, a challenge.

After browsing through Pinterest for a while, scratching my head, and staring at my sewing machine for a while, I decided that what I really wanted was a Halloween costume. A while back I found this little gem on Etsy:



Problem: Price tag didn't match my wallet size.

I decided I wasn't going to let that stop me. I headed out to, where else, Goodwill. I found myself a $7 Limited dress (super cute) and then headed next door to Joann's. Can you believe there is a Joann's next door to Goodwill!! It is my own personal heaven. Anyway, I bought 4 pieces of felt for $1, and some fabric glue for $2. I cut out the eyes, ears, and nose, fabric glued them on and BAM my $10 version of this super cute costume!

I know I did not actually sew anything but hey, I think it counts!



P.S. this is one of the only times you will see a fashion shoot of me. I am SO not a model... don't judge.
P.P.S.  My hubster did make a Hooters comment... I won't repeat it.

I am hosting this week's Round 3 of Crafting from the Sidelines and have added the link below. Vote for your favorite project by clicking the "like" button or leaving a comment! Link up your projects if you would like to play along as well... we love some good competition.




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I think felt is a fabric. VERY CUTE costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! GREAT job. The dress (which was cute to start) looks so good. We have a Joann's next to our Salvation Army. Goodwill is across the street. :) You can come link up with me on Thursday since this is a Pinterest project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And again you amaze me with your talents Traci! I like your version WAY better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great job! And you look so amazing, btw, are you sure you have a one year old? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I wish you would wear it up to BV on the 30th;) Your version is waaaay cuter and more fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute! Who cares if it's glued and not sewn when it's cute?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Felt TOTALLY counts as a fabric... And you're a natural in front of the camera!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete