Friday, November 11, 2011

Another AH HA! Moment

This is not a tutorial.  This is probably not even that exciting for most of you out there, but for me this was one of those AH HA! moments that makes you do a little happy dance, kind of like my napkins to pillows idea you can read about here. 

This fall I decided I wanted some new scarves.  I didn't want those boring old regular scarves though.  Nope, I wanted an infinity scarf.  You know the kind that never end... Did anyone start singing a girl scout's song like I did??  "A circle's round, it has no end, that's how long I want to be your friend!" 

ANY WHO... back to the scarf.  With our limited budget these days shopping trips for me are strictly food based (at least until the house is done).  This is just no fun.  But then the light bulb above my head went off, it may be dull but it is there!  I have TONS of scarves I never actually wear.  They are way too cute not to be utilized, so I ventured into the depths of my closet and pulled out these two beauties.

The goodwill tag was still on one of them haha!  These scarves are cute just as they are, but now they are going to actually find a life outside of my closet as INFINITY SCARVES.  I just got out my sewing machine, sewed together the ends and VIOLA... my new scarves.



(I am aware these pictures are not great... sorry for that.)

Hope you enjoyed this little peak into the crazy inside of my mind... and you made it out alive!

 

Pin It



4 comments:

  1. I've been knitting those, they're fun. They keep your neck warm and don't hang in yer food.
    www.redearthsafari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta tell ya, that's exactly where half of my scarves hang......over my mirror

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got an infinity scarf! I love them! I almost didn't want to buy one because I too have a ton of regular ones, but it had sequins and my mom wanted to get it for me so I couldn't say no. ;) Oh! And the part about an infinity song made me think of the Lambchops song (or at least that's where I remember it from, ha!) "This is the song that never ends! Yes, it goes on and on my friend! Some people started singing it not knowing what it is, and they'll continue singing it forever just because..." and on and on it goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so resourceful!! What an ingenious idea. I especially love the ultra-long striped scarf.

    ReplyDelete