Monday, February 6, 2012

Stripes of Pink

I have been loving stripes now that I discovered how easy it is!  Check out my post here on how to make an easy striped table.

Although miss Luci Rae is only 16 months old, I have already been dreaming up what her big girl room will look like.  I decided to practice a few different ideas in the mean time, and just sell them in the store until I am ready to make the jump from her baby room to her toddler room.  This desk gave me the perfect opportunity to try out some fun pink and funky design.  I am not sure I will be using this color in her future room but I do love how it turned out!

It started out pretty cute actually.  It just had a lot of dirt and chips to be fixed.


I also wanted to do a chair to go with it, so one these little guys got a face lift too.  


I did a layer of white on top, then taped it off and sprayed the rest pink.  What do you think?


(no judging the trash or the crappy car in the background haha.)


And here she is in my shop.  I love that it is a corner desk.  It is such a space saver!



Hope you all liked this super girly transformation!  Have a happy week.


9 comments:

  1. If I lived within 500 miles of you, I would buy that desk immediately. So cute! I love that it's a corner desk. So much room for a lamp and frames and fun stuff and still enough space to do some work. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! (and I'm not even a fan of pink). I love everything you post on here -- I wish we were neighbors so I could walk through your store and be inspired by all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is so weird because I just bought a can of pink mis-tint pant the other day AND I was thinking pink stripes or chevron. We must be on the same wave length! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome!!! you sure you want to sell it in the store? i actually striped my bathroom.........light blue, grayish blue and darker grayish blue. still love it a couple years later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!! I really do need to get to Castle Rock to browse in your
    shop (and visit the big kids and grandkids, of course). Sometime after tax season....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling desk! I love the stripes! What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept
    Franklin Pro Style Football Kicking Tees WHITE 12 PACKS OF TEES

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stripes on the top of the pink desk! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete