Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY Bubbles

It has been SOOOOO nice out lately... other then the crazy winds once in a while, it feels like summer around here. I even got a little sun burn the other day! With all of this nice weather I have been spending a lot of time outside with the little one. It has been really fun but sometimes playing with the same toys over and over again gets old.

 Well, Luci LOVES playing in the water. If there is even a drop left in the dog bowl she is splashing in it (I won't even mention the toilets).  I really wanted to play with bubbles the other day but didn't have any.  I wasn't in the mood for a trip to the store so I just decided to improvise.  All I did was get out a bucket and combine a cup of dish soap (I assume liquid laundry detergent or hand soap would work the same) and three cups of water.  I actually think even more soap might have been better, but this amount worked.

Now that I had the bubble solution I needed a bubble gun.  I just looked around the house!  I found some left over PVC pipe from another project that worked perfectly.  I also had a small embroidery hoop that worked well for swishing through the air.  I figured you could use paper towel rolls (scotch tape over the ends to water proof), rolled up paper, or pretty much anything that is round.  The one that worked best was an old water bottle.  Just cut the bottom off and blow through the mouth piece.

The moral of this story... don't run to the store if you don't have too.  It was really fun using what we had, and Luci got to play in the water.  A win win for both of us:)



Sorry I didn't take pictures, it seemed like a bad idea to combine a camera and water!  Here are a few of how happy she is outside though.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I always love hearing about sweet little Luci Rae.

    ReplyDelete