Monday, June 25, 2012

Milk Paint... Yes Please!

I have read A LOT of posts about milk paint.  Every time I see someone use it, I LOVE the results.  For some reason mixing my own paint (milk paint comes in a powder form) scares me.  What if I do too much water, or not enough, or it explodes in a massive blob all over my kitchen.  Valid fears I would say.  Well, I finally took the plunge.  I ordered some milk paint online and it came in just a few days... then it sat in my laundry room for a few weeks, because let's face it, I was still scared.  Well, I finally got up the guts to bust it out and give it a go!  This stuff ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!  It is so cool.  It becomes all chippy in some places, and cracky in others, and then solid as a rock in others.  It really gives an authentic vintage finish.  You guys want to see???




I already had the top painted and drawers pulled out by the time I remembered to take a before picture, so sorry about that. Are you ready for the after???






This paint is so cool.  It just chipped off like that.  It's like the lazy person's way of making it shabby chic... which pretty much rocks.


So needless to say, I will be using milk paint a lot more.  Next up, I really want to try chalk paint... not to be confused with chalk board paint. 

 Don't worry I was confused about that for a while too.  I won't judge you.

P.S.  Here are a couple of links to my episode of Craft Wars... just to get you pumped up for tomorrow night:)



Don't forget to tune in Tuesday night at 10/9C on TLC!


P.P.S  I am featured over at Milo and Molly today.  I am talking about balance... Come check it out!  Plus her blog is just so much fun to follow:)


Keeping It Simple

5 comments:

  1. Yay for guest blogging! And that paint is so cool! I was thinking, it just does all the work for you! And who is that woman in the blue shirt that hogged the whole promo? Can't wait to try and watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your guest post! You've inspired me to embrace my mess.

    Looking forward to watching Craft Wars tonight. Thanks for the sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, milk paint is GREAT! I was a little nervous at first, too, but I absolutely love it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm waiting on some right now and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this effect. Haven't tried the milk paint yet, but have been making my own chalk paint for a while and am happy with the results. Next stop; Annie Sloan paints.

    ReplyDelete