Thursday, October 25, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile:

When you are in my line of work you run into some very interesting things.  It's what makes this job so fun!  Well, some very nice people have given me some amazing things over the past year, but this might be my all time favorite. Let's just start by saying this: at first he scared me.  Then he grossed me out.  And now he just makes me smile.  

Do me a favor, zoom in as close as you can right between his legs... Yep, that's right, he is WELL ENDOWED!  The artist did not spare us any details.    


When deciding if he would go into my shop I was afraid of offending people with his giant... well, you know.  So, instead of making an appearance at The Dented Lampshade, this man is going to stay in the family.  

My Uncle Ted, who lives on an awesome lake in Nebraska, has a tiki hut on the beach of his lake house.  This tiki hut is BAD A**.  He made it himself (with the help of a few others) and it has only cool found items.  No big box store purchases will be found at that hut.  The bar was found at a garage sale and all the decor is made up of cool random estate sale/garage sale finds.  (Thrifting runs deep in this family.)  Well, I couldn't think of a better place for this man to go.  It was like he was meant to be a part of the family.


Can't wait to visit him next summer.  I hope he serves a good margarita!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Honk if you drive by Lincoln on your way to your Uncle's tiki hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love it!!! and i love that you have the perfect place for him and his....well, you know.

    ReplyDelete